The world population is increasing massively at an alarming rate. The number of people today between the ages of 10 and 24 are estimated at One million, eight hundred. And this is the largest generation of youth since the world began. It is also projected that about 1.9 billion young people will be 15 years by 2030.
The youths are connected to each other now unlike before. They are leading the charge on innovative solutions, driving social development and inspiring political initiatives. The young ones are the agents of change, working tiredlessly to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which improve the lives of people and the health of the planet.
UNITAR is therefore delighted to offer a United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme 2022 specifically designed for the global youth. It will offer participants the chance to gain first-hand experience of the United Nations and will provide them with the necessary knowledge and skills to fully unfold their potential as global leaders.
Location of United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme 2022:
The programme is specifically design to take place Online.
Benefits Of This Programme
The United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme consists of a 4-week e-Learning course. The e-learning course will be implemented on UNITAR’s e-Learning platform. Moreso, It comprises of 4 different modules, it can be studied in a self-paced manner and requires 4-6 hours of studying per week.
1: The United Nations
2: Conference Diplomacy
3: Negotiation Skills
4: Cosmopolitan Communication
The course includes weekly reading material, multimedia files as well as discussion boards exchanging views with fellow participants and UNITAR instructors. In addition, the Young Leaders Online Training Programme will be complemented by several 1.5 hour live-webinars. These will be delivered through Zoom platform by UN experts. And the Webiner covers the following topics:
A – The United Nations System
B – Multilateral Conferences and Diplomacy
C – Cosmopolitan Communication
D – The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
In addition to the above live-webinars, there will be one 3.5 hour e-workshop per week. These will focus on Leadership as well as on getting to know Geneva´s multilateral environment through virtual guided tours through the UN Palais des Nations as well as the diplomatic district of Geneva. The total number of online live-components will be 5 hours per week.
People Eligible for United Nations Young Leaders Online Training Programme 2022.
- The Young Leaders Training Programme is open to all actors related to international affairs wishing to take on leadership roles in their respective environment and to build up knowledge and skills related to the UN and International Geneva.
- Participants can include university students, high school students and other aspiring young leaders of similar background. Junior professionals from public and private sector and senior officials who are young at heart are equally welcome to apply.
- In order to ensure the highest quality standards, the registration will be closed after 30 participants. Slots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. At the end of the programme, all participants will receive an official UNITAR certificate of completion.
- Application fee: $750.00
- UNITAR also offers a subsequent field visit to Geneva. For more information, kindly visit www.unitar.org/immersionprogramme
- Apply online through the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: April 21, 2022