Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) ; Updated on 25th of January, 2022 by Japan Gov’t/World Bank
You will be studying Masters Degree
The deadline of the scholarship program os on the 27th of May 2022 (annually)
You get to study in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, or Japan.
The scholarship program course starts AY 2022-2024
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) is open to men and women who are from developing countries and who have relevant professional experience and have a history of supporting their home countries’ development efforts. The men and women must be applying to a master degree program in a development-related topic.
JJWBGSP will be given scholarships for Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Africa, EuropeOceania, and Japan.
The target group are Developing country nationals of World Bank Member Countries
Scholarship Value, Inclusions or Duration
The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP) covers tuition fees, round-trip airfare, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and travel allowance.
You have to note that JJWBGSP scholarships cover only the duration of the graduate program for two years or less.
- You must be a national of a World Bank member country
- You must not hold dual citizenship of any developed country
- You must be in good health
- You must hold a Bachelor’s degree which was earned at least 3 years from the Application Deadline date;
- You must have 3 years or more of development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s degree;
- You must be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time position at the time of submitting the scholarship application.
- You must have at least 3 years of paid development-related employment since earning a Bachelor’s degree and it must have been acquired within the past 6 years prior to the date of the Application Deadline.
- You must be admitted unconditionally for the upcoming academic year On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, to at least one of the JJWBGSP participating master’s programs located outside of your home country and country of residence listed when the scholarship applications opens. The letter of admission must be sent before you submit your application.
- You must not be an Executive Director, or an alternate, or staff of any type of appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of thr director by blood or adoption.
To be considered for a JJWBGSP scholarship, you must first apply and be accepted for thr admissions to at least one of the Participating Programs. In your application, YOU nee to send an unconditional letter of acceptance from a participating master’s degree program. Appications are done online when the scholarship program opens.
It is important you visit the Application Guidelines official website which is found in the link below for more information on how to apply for the scholarship program.