ESED Scholarships for Sustainable Energy Development Studies; modified on January 25, 2022 by The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
You will be studying Masters Degree
The Deadline is on April/May 2022 (annually)
You can study in any country
The scholarship program course begins in 2022.
A brief description
The purpose of the creation of the ESED scholarship is to help outstanding students to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject, and to pursue advanced studies in sustainable energy development.
*Any approved academic institution around the world. GSEP encourages applications from students pursuing studies in universities of the global South.
Level/Field Of Study
Master’s programmes in area directly related to zero-carbon energy development, sustainable energy development, renewable energy, and/or the power sector.
The number of awards is:
About 10 scholarships will be awarded annually.
Citizens of developing countries listed by DAC/OECD
Scholarship Value Or Duration
Scholarships of up to $10,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students.
For applicants to be eligible for this scholarship program, they must:
• Earn a master’s degree in zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or another relevant field.
• Study full-time for at least one full school year (two or three semesters) beginning in the fall of 2022.Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
• Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the list of official development aid recipients identified by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC).
• Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after finishing their studies to help it develop.
• Be an excellent student.
• Graduates with outstanding grades who rank in the top 20% of their class
• is committed to zero-carbon energy development.
•Has a track record of community service.
• Is committed to expanding their knowledge and understanding
Applications must be submitted together with required documents using the ESED Online Scholarship Application System.
The deadline is on April or May, 2022, However, you are strongly advised to submit your application and files as early as possible.
It is important you visit the official website which is found in the link below) to get access to the online application system and to get access to more information on how to apply for the scholarship program.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.globalelectricity.org/scholarship/