In the East West Center (EWC) Graduate Degree Scholarships for Asia and the Pacific, you will be studying Masters/PhD Degree.
The Deadline is on the 3rd of November 2022 (annually), and you get to study in Hawaii, USA
The Course starts on August 2022
Graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States can apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship, which provides funding for up to 24 months of Master’s or Doctoral degree study at the University of Hawai’i while participating in the East-West Center’s educational, residential, and leadership development programs.
Institution(s) hosting the event:
University of Hawaii and EWC, both in the United States
Fields of study at the University of Hawaii that are eligible
Number of Awards:
There is no information available.
Individuals who are citizens of one of the following countries are eligible to apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships:
Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Timor-Leste Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, and Thailand
East Asia: China (Hong Kong, Mainland, Taiwan, Macau), Japan, Republic of Korea, Republic of, Mongolia, Russia, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Iran, Maldives, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, New Caledonia, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, , Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, and Wallis & Futuna Islands.
Scholarship worth and benefits:
The following funds are available through the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
• Housing in a Center residence hall, based on single occupancy; • A stipend to partially cover food and incidental expenses (See the section on taxes on stipends for more information); • An allowance for books, materials, and supplies; and • Health insurance coverage.
Read More: Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships at the National University of Singapore
IDB Scholarships for Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries
Kochi University of Technology (KUT) PhD Scholarships in Engineering for International Students
Scholarships for International and European Union (non-UK) Students through Transform Together (Sheffield Hallam University)
Requirements in General
• Applicants must submit both the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship application and the University of Hawai’i graduate admissions application to the East-West Center Award Services Office. By November 1st, all applications must be postmarked.
• Only the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship application is required for applicants who are categorized graduate students at the University of Hawai’i.
• Applicants from non-English speaking countries must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), and all applicants must take the GRE or GMAT, as needed by university departments.
• Award recipients who are neither citizens or permanent residents of the United States must complete the requirements for exchange visitors (J-1 visas).
Instructions on how to apply:
The East-West Center Award Services Office receives both the East-West Center Graduate Fellowship application and the graduate admissions application to the University of Hawai’i. By the deadline, all applications must be postmarked. The deadline to enter for August 2015 is November 3, 2014.
Official Scholarship Website: